Impact Apprentices adhere to the National Code of Good Practice for Australian Apprenticeships.
The code was developed to assist the Employer and Apprentices entering into a formal training contract, with a clear understanding of the parties’ obligations and expectations.
Apprentices are required to
- Attend a training provider suitably accredited to teach the Certificate III in Electro-Technology.
- Sign a training plan setting out your course details
- Paid time off to attend Tradeschool on the prescribed day
- Pass all modules
- Maintain profiling records weekly
- Sign a contract of employment with Impact Apprentices.
And entitled to
- Provide adequate supervision (by qualified Electricians) to each worker either by constant or general instruction in accordance with ESV supervision guidelines.
- Ensure workplace supervisors have current working with children accreditation, when hiring apprentices under the age of 18.
- Ensure each worker works in a safe and harassment free environment in accordance with Federal and State legislation.
- Ensure workers complete weekly time sheets, setting out hours of Work for the week as well as allowances.
- Ensure that each worker is appropriately trained and/or licensed to use any equipment on site prior to the use of that equipment.
- Ensure each worker participates in site inductions, where applicable, and reporting the participation of each worker in the induction to Impact Apprentices P/L.